Over the past few months, Earth Survival has become a very popular gamemode within Minecraft. You may be wondering how you can get access to the Earth Survival map that you can see all of your favorite stars playing on YouTube.
There are several ways that you can play on an Earth Survival map in Minecraft. The first way is the easiest, and involves joining an existing Minecraft Server. We recommend this method as it allows you to play with your friends for free. The other option is to download and import an Earth Survival map into your local version of Minecraft. This method is often undesireable as you won't be able to play with your friends and won't have access to many of the unique features and enhancements that servers provide. Earth Surival maps often take up to 20 gigabytes of storage, so you may not have enough space or time to download such a large map.
In order to play on a Minecraft Earth Survival Server, use the following steps:
- Open your favorite version of Minecraft. We recommend 1.17.1, but any version past 1.16.5 works.
- Click on the "Multiplayer" button on the home screen
- Click on the "Add Server" button at the bottom of your screen and enter the IP "earth.castaway.gg".
- Be sure that the Resource Packs option is set to "enabled". Otherwise, you will not be able to play!
- Finish adding the server, scroll down in your server list, and hit connect!
- Once you have connected, you'll see a number of options for different gamemodes that you can play. Castaway has several different Earth Survival worlds, pick the one that appeals the most to you.
We recommend playing on an Earth Survival server instead of downloading a map for yourself because servers offer additional unique features that cannot be achieved on a singleplayer world. For example, Castaway has a vehicles system which allows you to ride cars, boats, airplanes, helicopters, and more across the map. You can also use multiplayer Earth Survival servers to play with your friends. On castaway, you can allow your friends to build on your claims using the "/trust" command.
If you don't want to play on a server, and instead would like to play on a singleplayer world, then you can use the following steps:
- First, use a search engine to search for "Earth Survival Map"
- Download a map that's suitable for you (maps may be many gigabytes in size and take hours to download)
- Open a version of Minecraft that is compatible with the Earth Survival map that you downloaded
- Click the "Resource Packs" menu, and select the "Open Resource Packs" option.
- Navigate back to the "saves" folder in the window that pops up
- Unzip the Earth Survival map that you downloaded earlier, and drag and drop the folder into the saves folder
- Restart Minecraft and join the new singleplayer world
As you can see, running a singleplayer Earth Survival map can be very difficult and take up a lot of storage space. You may also have to spend hours downloading your Earth Survival map, as these downloads are known to be slow. For that reason, we always recommend playing Earth Survival on a server instead of downloading a map.
Earth Survival servers often offer economies where players can choose to trade their items and in-game money with other players. Thriving communities can offer additional opportunities to make friends on an Earth Survival server and have roleplay experiences with other players. You can also invite your own friends and build with them, completely for free. For these reasons, we always recommend joining an Earth Survival server over downloading an Earth Survival map.