You've probably heard many people talking about the new OneBlock mod in Minecraft. After reading this article, you will learn exactly how you can play this mod for yourself!
The easiest way to play OneBlock is by joining the Castaway Minecraft Server. This server allows you to play OneBlock with your friends for free. The best part is, it doesn't require you to download or install any worlds or mods.
The harder way is by downloading a premade oneblock map and mod, and installing them by hand. This is a much more complicated method and is prone to errors which may be difficult to troubleshoot. You also may need to switch your Minecraft version to an older version, making it impossible to play with the newest features of the game.
- Open your favorite version of Minecraft.
- On the Java Edition version of Minecraft, join the IP "oneblock.castaway.gg" to join.
- When you join, be sure to accept the provided resource pack, or you will not be able to play!
- On Bedrock Edition, please use the details provided in the tutorial.
- Once the resource pack has loaded, click the grass block icon to be transported to the OneBlock server.
Castaway's OneBlock server allows you to play with all of your friends in the same island. To use this functionality, use the command "/is team invite <player>" while in game. Keep in mind that your friends will have to delete their islands in order to accept your invite.
If you and your friends want to have separate islands but still want to collaborate, you can use "/is team coop <player>" instead, which will grant them permission on your island without requiring them to forfeit theirs.
You can adjust the permission for any group at any time by using the command "/is settings". This will bring up a menu where you can see all of the permissions and choose which ones to enable and disable for separate groups.
Castaway's OneBlock server has a thriving player-driven and server-supported economy system which encourages trade with other players and the construction of large farms. As always, we strive to create a lag-free environment running on the best hardware available, so you can build your farms as large as you'd like.
If you would not like to play oneblock on a server, then you can follow the steps below:
- Find a OneBlock map (be wary of malware!)
- Click the button that says "Open Resource Packs" in Minecraft
- Navigate to the "saves" folder
- Drag and drop the downloaded map into the "saves" folder
Remember that this will create a single player world, and you won't be able to interact with any other players, including your friends. For this reason, we recommed joining the Castaway server instead, where you can participate in a thriving economy and play with as many friends as you'd like with no lag whatsoever!